Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Two Down...John Harrison

I have completed my research for the family of John Harrison b. 1773. Many of his descendants stay in the Groveland area. I think the town historian, Larry Turner, comes from this line. I have updated all the descendants on new.familysearch and reuploaded my rootsweb file.

Perhaps you saw Cameron's comment about the moment in Revolutionary War history called Groveland's Ambuscade. It is their moment in history. thanks, Cameron

Here is another good site for researching in Groveland:
http://www.co.livingston.state.ny/historian.php or Google Livingston county Historian
Scroll down to County Historian's Record Index. Put in a surname. My favorite is to scroll through the just look at the deaths and poorhouses. I just find the poorhouse records interesting. The deaths are very helpful putting families together.

No comments:

Post a Comment