Friday, August 6, 2010

Why I started this blog

This week I took a big risk....I changed the paternal line of Simeon Adams Dunn's ancestors in my personal and online family tree.

It was a surprisingly difficult emotional decision. Genealogy is not based on emotions, it is based on research and facts. So the fact that it was an emotional decision doesn't really make a lot of sense.

Nevertheless, my new family tree does not represent the information that Simeon Adams Dunn himself left. Thus, it feels like a bit of disloyalty on my part when so much of the information that he left about everyone except his direct line ancestors has been helpful and pretty accurrate.

Who knows, I may find in a few months that I am back to what Simeon said. This is why I am starting this blog. I don't want to write and edit a professional paper and why my family tree says what it says. That is a lot of work, and just not my passion. What I do want is some record of where I've been in my research, what thoughts I had about it, and why I have come to the conclusions I have. I will include my data in my file, and others can come to their own conclusions.

No comments:

Post a Comment